When I started blogging all those months ago, my mind wasn't entirely in the game. I wanted it to be but I just couldn't get there. I started this weight loss journey like I have all of my previous attempts, full of enthusiasm, ready to pounce on the journey ahead, to make this attempt successful.
But as usual I lost motivation, I couldn't see anything for all my hard work, well what I thought was hard work....honestly I wasn't really trying at all, I still ate what I shouldn't, apart from going to the personal trainer once a week, I wasn't doing any other type of exercise.
I was fooling myself and in the process making myself believe that I had been trying so hard, yet the weight wouldn't come off, so then I got depressed and ate more. A nasty vicious cycle.
I don't know what it was but a week prior to Christmas something snapped in my head, honestly like a light bulb moment! I started eating when and what I should!
My personal trainer was nervous, as I had finally turned a corner but a big speed hump called Christmas break was ahead of me. But Christmas was the best speed hump ever!! As I took it head on as a challenge, I wasn't going to let this interfere with the progress I had finally made. I kept up with my eating habits and tried to introduce some light walking.
My first session back with the personal trainer, who I hadn't seen in two weeks was a nervous one, I was pretty sure I had behaved but those dam scales where going to speak the truth. Bingo!! I had lost 2.5kg, I thought my PT was going to knock me over when she came at me with a huge hug, she admitted that she thought I wouldn't be able to do it, she had pretty much worked herself up to give me a lecture as she was sure I would have put weight on. This was the most exhilarating experience and something that has helped drive me forward in this journey.
So to wrap it up, I am now 4 months on from Christmas break and I have lost a total of 17.2kg. I am so proud and can't wait to see where I go from here.
Stay tuned as I will be posting at the start of every month.
Sincerely Mrs E
| At my heaviest |
![]() |
| A few weeks ago, about 12kg lighter |

No comments:
Post a Comment